****UPDATE: Face-to-face Covid-secure private consultations available in Bethnal Green and sling libraries also on other sites, and until September, sadly no home consultations and I’ll be offering a reduced service as I’m full-time mum for the school holidays as my boys are on holiday and are my top priority. I don’t want to close down over the holiday so I will be offering mornings appt spread out over the week so I can take the boys out after that. Thank you for your understanding******
Private consultations are tailored-made to address your needs and last a minimum of 1 hour 15mins. They are organised outside of the sling library sessions so there is no rush to end the consultation if you decide you want more time. Timings are more flexible and are available at the weekend for working parents only. Private consultations are suitable for expectant parents, new parents, experienced babywearers, parents of twins and multiples, parents who want to tandem carry and parents of toddlers. They are a good option if:
- You are new to the world of babywearing and don’t know where to start, whether you are expecting a baby or want to start carrying your little one
- You want to explore various types of slings whether you are new to babywearing or have some experience already
- You want to learn more complex skills such as back carrying with a woven wrap or explore tandem carrying options
- You want to learn how to carry in different positions with one sling or 2 slings
- You want lots of time to try on all sort of buckle carriers
- You want to also learn how to feed your baby in the sling
- You have a partner who wants to join and try various slings
- and more!
Private consultations are held either at Wrap a Hug HQ at Mel’s home in Bethnal Green or at your home (except during the summer holiday).
CONSULTANCY SERVICE FEES:
Fees work on a ‘pay-as-you-go’ basis. The initial cost is for a 1 hour 15mins consultation. Each additional 20 mins are billed on top (up to 2 hours).
- 1 hour 15mins private consultation at your home: £50 (+ travelling fees if applicable).
- 1 hour 15mins private consultation at the consultant’s home: £30
- Each additional 20 mins: £10
- Additional sling hire: £5/sling
- 1 hour 15mins Zoom consultations available on request only if necessary: £30
The consultation includes follow-up support and hire of up to 2 slings for 2 weeks or 1 sling for 1 month (stretchy wraps and Close Caboos hires are automatically for 1 month, if you want to hire only a stretchy wrap or a Close Caboo, the hire will be for 2 months ). Hires can be renewed after the initial hire period.
Expectant parents can pick up the sling/slings they want to try once baby has arrived or around the due date if they prefer, and the consultation includes a free fitting (in person or online guidance if you prefer not to pick up the sling in person. You can send a partner or someone else to pick it up or it can be posted). Read more
Would you like to share this experience with your parent friends?
We can arrange a group workshop and adapt the costs accordingly.
Don’t need 1 hour 15mins? Book a sling library slot instead!
We are very open to suggestions and requests if you have something particular in mind, so don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Contact Mel for more information or to book a consultation. Please tell us about you, your baby, your babywearing experience and what you would like to learn.