A sling library is a place where you can see and try on different types of slings. You can then choose to hire a sling for two weeks or more to be sure it’s the right one for you before buying it.
At Wrap a Hug sling library we have a variety of slings for you to try and find the one that works for you and your baby. We stock ring slings, meh dais, stretchy wraps, close caboos, buckles carriers and a wide choice of woven wraps. We are always acquiring new slings.
Whether you are pregnant, completely new to babywearing, or an experienced babywearer, we are here to offer advice, help you become confident carrying your baby and accompany you on your babywearing journey. That’s why we offer free follow-ups after our initial consultation.
You can find all the wraps and slings for hire here
Opening times and location:
We are currently running sessions every other Monday mornings (days may change due to bank holidays), 10.15am-12pm, at St Paul’s cafe, St Stephen’s road E3 5JL. The cafe is child-friendly with space for buggies, baby changing facilities. Please note that it is cash only if you want to purchase refreshments. The library is held during the Tower Hamlets NCT coffee mornings, so why not join other parents for a good chat while visiting the library?
Dates: Upcoming library sessions:
Thursday 10th May (due to bank holiday and schedule clashes), 10.15-12pm
Monday 21st May, 10.15am-12pm
Saturday 2nd June, Tower Hamlets NCT sale, Oakland’s School, Old Bethnal Green Road, London E2 6PR, 11-2pm
Monday 4th June, 10.15am-12pm
Monday 18th June, 10.15am-12pm
Monday 2nd July, 10.15am-12pm
Appointment booking is essential, so get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on 07916349685 if you want a library slot.
Can’t make it? I’d be happy to meet up with you around Bethnal Green and bring the sling you need/help you out! Just get in touch.
Consultations, Hires and Fees:
- Regular consultations last 15-20mins and are for learning how to use one sling only. These are very short sessions designed to teach you a technique and give you instructions. You can use choose to use our demo doll to practice on before using the sling with your baby. If you feel like you need more time, please book a double consultation or a private consultation.
- Regular consultations include: 1 front/hip carry in a woven wrap, back carry in a woven for experienced wrappers, front carry in a stretchy, front or back carry in a meh dai, ring sling carry, front/back carry in a buckle carrier.
- They don’t include: Back and tandem carries in wovens for beginners. These are available in private consultations or workshops only. Check with the consultant for suitability of type of consultation. If you want to learn how to use more than one sling and trying them on, this can be done in a double library consultation, private consultation, or even in a workshop. Again, check with the consultant.
- Troubleshooting consultations last 10mins and are for helping you fix a problem with your own (or hired) sling or wrap (e.g.,: how to make a carrier more ergonomic and comfortable, improving a carry in a woven, stretchy, meh dai etc… or checking that you are using your sling safely)
- Demos only if you would like to see how to put on a particular sling (library or your own). You must be confident enough to then use the sling without the guidance of the consultant. If you need more help and guidance, please book a regular or troubleshooting consultation.
- Trying slings without assistance: you’re more than welcome to try out any slings on your own without the consultant’s assistance at your own risk. I’m always happy to geek over wraps!
Hire: Sling hires are for 2 weeks and is for one sling only. If you want to hire an extra sling or want to hire a sling for more than 2 weeks: £5 per sling and week extra.
We require a £50 deposit for you to hire the slings which will be refunded to you immediately upon return of the sling. If the sling is damaged or lost, you are liable for the costs of repairing or replacing the sling. The deposit can be paid in cash, cheque or via paypal (let the consultant know if this is an issue for you).
- Regular consultation (15-20 mins) with a 2 weeks hire of 1 sling: £10
- Regular consultation (15-20 mins) with your own wrap/sling, no hire: £10
- Double regular consultation (30-40mins) with 1 or 2 slings hire or without hire: £20
- Hire only for 2 weeks: £10
- Troubleshooting consultation (10 minutes), no hire: £7
- Demo only, no hire: £2 per sling demo
- Trying slings without assistance: free (at your own risk)
- Extra week of hire: £5/week
- Extra sling hire: £5/sling for 2 weeks
- Follow-ups on Skype, Whatsapp, email, phone: free of charge
Fees payments are non-refundable and must be made prior to the library session via paypal (gifted) to secure your appointment. If you miss your appointment, payments can be used as a deposit for your re-scheduled appointment and or can be put towards the cost of a workshop or private consultation.