A sling library is a place where you can see and try on different types of slings. You can then choose to hire a sling for two weeks or more to be sure it’s the right one for you before buying it.
At Wrap a Hug sling library we have a variety of slings for you to try and find the one that works for you and your baby. We stock ring slings, meh dais, stretchy wraps, close caboos, buckles carriers, a wide choice of woven wraps and more! We are always acquiring new slings.
Whether you are pregnant, completely new to babywearing, or an experienced babywearer, we are here to offer advice, help you become confident carrying your baby and accompany you on your babywearing journey. That’s why we offer free follow-ups after our initial consultation.
You can find all the slings for hire here
Opening times and location:
We run sessions on 3 sites:
Bow, E3: every other Monday mornings (days may change due to bank holidays), 10.15am-12.30pm, at St Paul’s cafe, St Stephen’s road E3 5JL. The cafe is child-friendly with space for buggies, baby changing facilities. Please note that it is cash only if you want to purchase refreshments. The library is held during the Tower Hamlets NCT coffee mornings, so why not join other parents for a good chat while visiting the library?
Stoke Newington, N16: every other Friday morning, 10.30am-1pm, at Under the Willow Tree cafe, 114 Green Lane N16 9EH. The cafe is child-friendly with space for buggies, baby changing facilities. We’re running a coffee morning at the same time, so come an meet local mamas and papas!
Poplar, E14: a monthly Saturday morning sling session at Poplar Union 2 Cottall Street E14 6TL, 10.30-1pm. A child friendly cafe with amazing coffee roasted on site and bread from E5 bakehouse situated right next to park, what’s not to love?
For upcoming dates, get in touch or check out our Facebook page
Appointment booking is essential, so get in touch at email@example.com or message me on 07916349685 if you want a library slot.
All our library sessions, workshops, sling meets and other events can be found on our Facebook page
Can’t make it? I’d be happy to meet up with you at Wrap a Hug HQ in Bethnal Green for an out-of-hours session. Just get in touch. (out-of-hours weekend surplus applies)
Consultations, Hires and Fees:
- Regular consultations ‘single slot’ last 15-20mins with 1 sling hire for 2 weeks and are for learning how to use one sling only. These are very short sessions designed to teach you a technique and give you instructions. You can use choose to use our demo doll to practice on before using the sling with your baby. If you feel like you need more time, please book a double slot, private consultation or introduction to babywearing workshop
- Regular consultations include: 1 front/hip carry in a woven wrap, back carry in a woven for experienced wrappers, front carry in a stretchy, front or back carry in a meh dai, ring sling carry, front/back carry in a buckle carrier.
- They don’t include: Back and tandem carries in wovens for beginners. These are available in private consultations or workshops only. Check with the consultant for suitability of type of consultation. If you want to learn how to use more than one sling and trying them on, this can be done in a double library consultation, private consultation, or even in a workshop. Again, check with the consultant.
- Double slot: lasts 30-40mins with 1 sling hire for 2 weeks and are for learning how to use 1, 2 or 3 slings depending on the type of sling you choose to learn. Wrapping with a woven takes considerably more time than learning how to use a buckles carrier so in a double slot we might be able to just look at a woven and a buckles carrier or ring sling for example. You might want to book a double slot to have more time to look at different slings if you are unsure what to go for. I will talk to you through the pros and cons of various slings, do a quick demo and you can try some on, how many depends on type and time left.
- Troubleshooting consultations last 10mins and are for helping you fix a problem with your own (or hired) sling or wrap (e.g.,: how to make a carrier more ergonomic and comfortable, improving a carry in a woven, stretchy, meh dai etc… or checking that you are using your sling safely)
- Demos only if you would like to see how to put on a particular sling (library or your own). You must be confident enough to then use the sling without the guidance of the consultant. If you need more help and guidance, please book a regular or troubleshooting consultation.
- Trying slings without assistance: you’re more than welcome to try out any slings on your own without the consultant’s assistance at your own risk.
Hire: Sling hires are for 2 weeks and is for one sling only. If you want to hire an extra sling or want to hire a sling for more than 2 weeks: £5 per sling and week extra.
We require you to bring a proof of address to hire the slings.
- Regular consultation (15-20 mins) with a 2 weeks hire of 1 sling: £10
- Regular consultation (15-20 mins) with your own wrap/sling, no hire: £10
- Double slot consultation (30-40mins) with 1 sling hire or without hire: £15
- Hire only for 2 weeks: £10
- Troubleshooting consultation (10 minutes), no hire: £5
- Demos only, no hire: £2
- Trying slings without assistance: free (at your own risk)
- Extra week of hire: £5/week
- Extra sling hire: £5/sling for 2 weeks
- Late fees: £1/day
- Out of hours surplus: £5 weekends only
- Follow-ups on Skype, Whatsapp, email, phone: free of charge
Fees payments are non-refundable and must be made prior to the library session via paypal to secure your appointment. If you miss your appointment, payments can be used as a deposit for your re-scheduled appointment and or can be put towards the cost of a workshop or private consultation.